Howdy From West Of Y'all

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Se7en62, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Se7en62

Se7en62
    Expand Collapse
    @Overland_Pajero

Hey y'all, I'm out in Hutto, TX. We have overlanded and boon-docked all over TX, NM, and CO. We've also completed the 675-mile Colorado BDR twice in 2017 and 2018. Now, I am wanting to network and find out some details about local trails throughout Louisiana. With your help, I'd like to put together an overland route of back-roads and 4x4 trails to bisect the state North/South with a total mileage of 400 - 700 miles. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mdnky

mdnky
    Expand Collapse
    Habitual Jeepaholic
    Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum. Things have been a bit slow lately, but we'll change that in the new year.

Unfortunately most of the trails in LA are on private land. There are two parks: Catahoula Recreation in Sicily Island, LA and 4x4 Life Off-Road in St. Francisville, LA.

I've heard rumour of some public access roads outside of Alexandria, LA in the Kisatchie National Forrest. I never went on those, but I would suggest talking to Kylan with CenLA OffRoad. He should have more info on them.

Se7en62 likes this.
  3. Se7en62

Se7en62
    Expand Collapse
    @Overland_Pajero

Awesome! I found Kylan on FB and reached out to him. The areas around Alexandria are the areas I'm interested in and have been looking at via Google Earth and GAIA.