Terms of Service and Rules
We are working on taking the next step in improving the LouisianaOffroad.com message board and that is to apply and enforce a basic set of rules. The purpose of this message board is to encourage and enhance off-roading as a family-oriented sport in which our members show a general respect for one another, even if your opinions differ. As such, we feel some ground rules need to be established to help define ourselves as a family-oriented community.
- Swearing is not allowed in the general forums. If you'd like to imply foul language, please use :censored: or simply use asterisks (****) in place of the letters. Foul language in the open forum will receive warnings which can build up to being temporarily banned from the forum. We are eliminating the automatic language filters because Admin can't stand them, but will still be watching the open areas closely.
- Nudity in pictures or videos is not allowed
- Threatening members, trolling, verbal abuse, racism, predjudice, etc. will not be tolerated.
- Abusing the "Report" feature will not be tolerated and will lead to an immediate temporary ban from the board. Repeated abuse will be addressed on a case by case basis. It is intended as a tool for members to keep each other in check should someone step out of line on the forum.
- Sharing your account information with other members will be grounds for account restrictions, temporary banishment, permanent banishment, or in extreme cases legal action. If you feel your account has been hacked, please contact us immediately. If WE feel your account has been hacked, we will contact you. If you do not respond and clarify to the satisfaction of Admin we will be forced to assume you are complicit with the alternate user posting on your account. If that happens, or we have legitimate reason to believe you are voluntarily aiding an illicit user in accessing the board, we will take necessary action in resolving the issue. This will be on a case by case basis. Admin and Moderators will be the judge and the jury in these instances and the decisions will be final. Should a member feel they were inappropriately flagged they can RESPECTFULLY discuss it with Admin.
- Advertising your business without a Vendor account is not allowed, as it is unfair to the businesses who do pay to support our site and community. If you would like to set up your account as a vendor/sponsor, please send me a private message (click on my user name and select "Start a Conversation,") so we can discuss a plan to help your business grow within our community.
This list can (and most likely will) grow as things progress. Violation of the board rules will result in a warning for each infraction. Those warnings will accrue points, which can and will lead to temporary or permanent banishment from the message board.
If you, as a member, feel any content posted is in violation of these rules, you are free to click the "Report" button below the violating post. You will remain anonymous to the reported poster and Admin will address the content and posting member as necessary.
Once again, this is a family-oriented community and we are working hard to maintain that spirit here on this board so all members can enjoy posting and sharing. If you have any questions or concerns, please send me a private message (click on my user name and select "Start A Conversation") so I can address it directly.
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.